Friday, October 30, 2009

Soggy Saturday

Its going to be a wet one tomorrow... but once you start to sweat you wont even notice!


Workout of the Day:
In groups of three complete the following:

400m Run
(everyone must finish before moving on)
150 Back Squats #45 w/75m
125 Wallball Shots 10'/12'm
100 Box jumps 20''w/24''m

FOR TIME!
Break down the reps between all 3 people however you see fit


Leila rockin the KB swings!

Performance and Health
By Tony Leyland

Do your friends and family think you are a little crazy for doing CrossFit? At the very least I think that the majority of CrossFitters are viewed as a group highly devoted to elite fitness, conscious of their bodies and diets, and perhaps "taking it all a bit too far." My wife thinks my love of CrossFit is all part of my midlife crisis but harmless enough—despite the fact that I spent a couple thousand dollars on my garage gym. (Of course, with a good friend getting a classic Lotus Elan when he turned 50, my wife thinks she is way ahead.)
Maybe seeing the term "Forging Elite Fitness" on the website is why some view CrossFit as being for a select few, but I would suggest the main reason is the standard understanding that "fitness for health" means traditional cardio exercise and maybe some low-weight, high-repetition resistance training (with machines and/or springs).

To be continued

-Coach Corey

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home