Monday, May 24, 2010

CrossFit Endurance


Quote of the Day:
"Don't become your own obstacle."
-anonymous


Dead Lift

5-5-3-3-3-1 Rest (180sec) between sets.

Rest 7min

10 Minutes to Reach Max Height Box Jump.


I just got back from an amazing weekend spent at a CrossFit Endurance Certification.  This weekend simply blowed my mind by all the knowledge I grasped and new things that I learned.  Max Wunderle was my our instructor and he was amazing, not only is he endurance athlete himself but he's a top leveled athlete (3 time Ironman finisher).  This week we learned about CFE (CrossFit Endurance) programming, nutrition, running mechanics (75% of our weekend was running), self myfacial release, and stretching.  I was such an amazing eperience learning to run again. 

This week expect to learn to run again and feel less pain.  All along I thought heel striking the was the proper way to run but low and behold you should run on the balls of your feet.  I know sounds crazy, right?  Come in this week and re-learn how to run and be more effective.

C

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading tons of articles on how to run! And it seems more and more experts are agreeing that wearing "less" shoe is proving to be better for us as well, even none at all!
Apparently when we wear "running shoes", the heavy heal of the shoe forces us to strike with our heals causing not only injury & pain, but it causes us to use more energy, thus not being able to run for too long!
But when studies were done when the person wore "chucks" or no shoes at all, naturally they ran on the balls of their feet,which amazingly, their bodies relaxed and they could go MUCH farther and run MUCH longer!

I can't wait to hear what you have learned this weekend and start incorporating it into my running!

May 24, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home