Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Quit or Not to Quit

Quote of the Day
"To be a champ, you have to believe in yourself when no one else will."
-Sugar Ray Robinson


Strength-Week 3
Back Squat
#1 set 5 reps @ 75% 1 RM
#2 set 3 reps @ 85% 1 RM
#3 set 1 rep @ 95% 1 RM
*last set perform max reps

Metcon
"Elizabeth"
Complete 21-15-9
Power Clean, 135/105
Ring Dips
Why Don't we Quit?
According to dictionary.com the definition of "Quit" is: to stop trying, struggling, or the like; accept or acknowledge defeat.

In my short lived CrossFit life I have come face to face with many workouts that bring me to my knees and the easiest thing to do would be to stop and quit.  I am constantly fighting the voices in my head to quit.  So my question is why don't we quit?  What is it that keeps us moving forward?  I have never quit during a workout yet (doesn't mean it's not possible) but my drive to keep pushing is the fact that I know there is an end soon, even though it doesn't feel like it.  I also know that when I am done I will feel so good. What about you? What keeps you going?

Post responses in comment area. 

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fight the voices in my head on a daily basis, as you well know. I know that anxiety is a part of my life. Through CF I have been able to get off the drugs I was taking for depression and anxiety and although it still creeps in around the edges, I know its just a reminder of the strength I have inside coming at me in my own little way. What keeps me going is my desire to conquer all obstacles, no matter how long it takes or how many times I have to try. I have a killer instinct that I really don't know where it comes from, but I am unable not to move in a forward direction. Sounds crazy, but I am so.... its just another part of me to love
:-]

June 16, 2010 at 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I set in my heart long ago that no matter what, I was going to push through the pain and the desire to stop! You taught us long ago that our minds play tricks on us and makes us think we need to stop, when our bodies know better and can do so much more than our minds tell us. So I push myself, harder every WOD!
I'm kind of stubborn too! I'd rather do it all or not at all :] !

June 16, 2010 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Katie Brett said...

Leila did this over at Mercer Island CrossFit today. Time = 6:39with #65 and using blue rubber band assistance on rings.

June 16, 2010 at 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for having us at the 1p
class. Great WOD with some great people! See you guys back in San Diego. Tiffani & Jeremy.

June 17, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home