Monday, June 28, 2010

Why Do You CrossFit?

Quote of the Day
"Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision."
-Winston Churchill



Strength
Press or Push Press
5-3-3-1-1

Metcon
Complete 5 rounds of:
50' OH Lunges, #45 barbell
21 Burpees

Coach-11:01

by Muscle Tech

I always love to read other magazines and see what they have to say about CrossFit.  Some are big supportes and others are 100% haters but regardless of their stance it's a great way to get an outsiders view.  I once heard that you are completely ignorant if you fail to hear the opinions of others different then yourself.  Therefore as much as I love CrossFit and agree how efficient it is along with being such a complete program, I will always keep reading and looking for something better.  If I do not find something better than that means I currently am teaching and coaching the most efficient program out there.  

So, I will alway encourage my athletes to keep looking for the next best thing out there and do not be ignorant.  Coach Glassman has been known to say the same exact thing, "if there is a better program out there, show me!"

Question of the Day
Why do you CrossFit?
post response in comment

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I crossfit because it kicks my ass everytime. It makes me push my limits and with the help of the coach helps me to get past those limits. I sometime let fear kill me. New stuff is scary and ever so invigorating. I recently learned that and don't want to forget it. I still hate running, but its kinda fun! What's that saying again? Scott says one thing. I say its more fun when its done. His saying was first, but I like mine better. Cancelled the recurring trainer payment at Epi. One step closer to my goal. Whoo Rah!

June 28, 2010 at 6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coach Glassman put it perfectely "if there is a better program out there, show me!"

It works. period.

Being scared to try it is GOOD! I get nervous at every WOD like it was the first day of school, or a first date! Being scared or nervous or both has helped me push harder and excel!

Gyms DONT work, fad diets DONT work, CrossFit WORKS!

I have a long way to go, but
I can run longer, push harder and am stronger than I have been my entire life!

June 29, 2010 at 8:32 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I have to say, I love both of your comments. Strong women is what you are with determination and motivation. Keep it up ladies, you inspire those around you.

July 1, 2010 at 1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home