Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Grace" on Crack

Quote of the Day
"We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life!"
-C-3PO


Strength-
Week 4 (Deloading)
Deadlift
#1 set 5 x 40% 1RM
#2 set 5 x 50% 1RM
#3 set 5 x 60% 1RM

Metcon-
Clean and Jerk - as many reps as possible in 10 minutes #135/95

This is like "Grace" on crack because all of you will get more than 30 reps.
Here is the fun part. Do you know the correct ROM (range of motion) for the Clean & Jerk? You will!

Partner up... first you will count reps and "judge" for your partner, and encourage them to get as many reps as possible for the whole 10 minutes. Count only the reps for each complete repetition, from ground to fully locked out over head. After 10 minuets record total reps then switch partners (let them catch their breath so they have some oxygen in their brain before your start).

Watch and see what the Clean and jerk looks like, watch the low back, hips, elbows, and HAVE FUN!

by Mike Warkentin

Jason Khalipa finished 72nd in the first workout at the CrossFit Games. Over the next seven WODs, he clawed his way back into contention and earned the respect of the CrossFit community.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Scott, Leila came up with a good thought. I've been slow lately as I make my way back after not working out for a month while I figured out my shoulder injury. Now that I'm back, I'm very slow. My times suck, and I'm sucking wind doing the warm-ups. Anyway, Leila came up with the idea of CrossFit tolerance. My CFT was totally down. I’m slowly building it back up. I was almost as strong as before, so I could lift proper weight, but my cardio system took a huge blow while I was gone. Weird to think about, eh?

June 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

That's crazy! When you get back you really need to start the Wendler 5/3/1 we started. Peoples strength are going through the roof.

June 24, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home