Friday, April 23, 2010

Bench and Squat

Quote of the Day:
"Have fun screwing up...it means you are removing your ego from the problem"

*Saturday Class Cancelled*

Want to go on a field trip this Saturday?

Strength
Bench Press
5x5
*keep a fixed weight
*75-80% 1RM

Back Squat
5x5
*75 1RM
*use human racks

L-Hold
5 max attempts
*post times
*hang from bar or parallettes and hold legs up like a "L"

by Gregg Glassman

Parallettes training is fun and highly developmental. Without gymnastics training we opt out of the most potent neurological training (coordination, accuracy, agility, and balance) available to an athlete, and parallettes training is essential to your gymnastics development.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger jayne said...

Trying to get back on the ab wagon after I fell off of it this past week but this one is tough! I can't do any actual L-holds. Hanging from a bar with my legs sort of at a diagonal I can only hold for about 8 seconds, with my legs bent (like sitting in a chair) I hold for about 15 seconds. I need to figure out how to work up to the real L-hold!

April 23, 2010 at 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have problems holding onto bar for very long, but Mike had good suggestion, which was to engage arms and shoulders a bit rather than just hanging at a dead hang. Kind of lifts you up slightly and strengthens arms too. I just did like Jayne with knees up to my waist for as long as I could -- not long, but longer than when I first started out! -Jayanne

April 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this one was not fun....I did this at the park and held an L for maybe 3 seconds. Did some knees to chest for 35 seconds

*Emilee*

April 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home