Friday, August 27, 2010

Wallingford Park WOD

Saturday
Things that make you say "WTF"?
“When people ask me how many more sets I’ve got left while I’m in the middle of a lift. Can’t you wait for me to finish my eight reps, you moron?!?!”
– Michael J. Urso


8am Class is at the Wallingford Park

Recipe of the Day


"Team WOD in the Park"
Complete 3 rounds of:
50 Max jumps (one arm only needs to reach)
40 Squats
30 Sit-ups
20 Push-ups
400m run

*each partner must participate in each movement and for the amount of reps prescribed
*partners can work at the same time, however when they get to the run, one partner goes to left and around the track and the other parther goes to the right and around the track

by Mike Rojas

Nowadays, speed training is all the rage in almost every sport. You can find “coaches” marketing weekend camps or group training at schools and parks everywhere. Because it’s so heavily marketed to teams and groups, you feel like you’ll be left in the dust if you don’t do it.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott Im not going to get to the park today. Im gonna try this at home, but the back is still tight and I don't want to slow down a teammate. I know, kinda lame excuse, but true. This makes session number 5. I got up and got my Crossfit tshirt on, and was ready, but I think I'll try it here.

August 28, 2010 at 6:30 AM  
Blogger Cathy A. Britt said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

August 28, 2010 at 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Cathy said...

Where do we meet at the park? I'm new to Seattle (& CrossFit) and I hear there's a few different entrances to this park. Thanks to anyone who can help and see you there!

August 28, 2010 at 7:22 AM  
Anonymous Cathy said...

Nevermind, I was thinking Woodland Park! See you at Wallingford Park. :)

August 28, 2010 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Did everyone make it? How was the workout?

I'm so happy people are using the comment are for communication.

See everyone on Monday!

August 28, 2010 at 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Andy said...

We had 4 lovely ladies for class this morning, they all showed up ready and willing to get some work done. WOD was slightly modified to the following:

4 rounds for time of:
50 max jumps
40 squats
30 sit-ups
20 push-ups

Same rules apply as stated on the site originally.

Results:
Suzanne and Cathy - 24:55
Terry and Stephanie - 19:50
Andy (1/2 reps stated above w/ 20lb vest) - 15:35

Good work everyone, you guys are awesome!

August 28, 2010 at 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Andy said...

...oops forgot to add the run. After each round there was a 400m run.

August 28, 2010 at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home